Wicked’s First National Tour Is Heading Out of Oz
Playbill reported that the first national tour of Wicked is ending its run after exactly 10 years on the road (the second national tour will keep on flying).
You can read all about the incredibly impressive show here, but we’ve also pulled out some shocking stats below:
- The show earned $790 million in grosses over its run.
- The tour has done 4,160 performances, 124 engagements and took in an average of $1.5 million weekly.
- More than 10.3 million people have enjoyed the show in 55 cities.
- Ten actresses have played Glinda and 14 have played Elphaba over the course of the run.
- This Week’s Top Broadway Shows, As Sorted By Revenue Per Seat
- High Demand Is Where You Find It
- Gateway Drugs and the Theater