TGI Fridays Is Making Millennials a Top Priority
We write about reaching millennials often here on Selling Out, and Jim has touched on the topic too, in his post The Most Important Thing in the World for Marketers to Understand.
Now TGI Fridays has re-opened a location in Corpus Christi, Texas, “as a trendy restaurant … to attract customers outside of lunch and dinner hours, drawing from millennials who typically visit a coffee shop to work or study,” reports Business Insider.
Though TGI Fridays is widely known as a family-focused, casual-dining restaurant, president and CEO Robert Palleschi told Nation’s Restaurant News that “about 45% of TGI Fridays customers are millennials, a figure that has grown in the last year and a half. At the Corpus Christi, Texas location, that percentage is even higher, at slightly more than half.” (Business Insider)
Here are a few of the ways the TGI Fridays location is trying to become a hangout spot for millennials:
• creating more “hang-out spaces”
• amplified bar space, WiFi, a new full coffee menu
• adding late-night drinks with a new juice platform
• hosting nighttime events, including live music and trivia
• extending the hours to 7:00am to 2:00am
• launching Hangover brunch on Saturdays and Sundays