TEDxBroadway 2017 Speakers Announced: Tina Landau, Alton Fitzgerald White & More
On March 21, 2017, TEDxBroadway returns for its sixth year in a row. For the first five years, TEDxBroadway has focused on the question, ‘What is the BEST Broadway Can Be?” And while making Broadway the best is still at the core of why we do this event, this year’s TEDxBroadway will be more interactive for everybody involved.
With this in mind, we’re back with a new format and a new focus — “Let’s Talk.” Because we all need to talk about the ideas we’re putting on our stage, out in the community and beyond that help shape the Broadway ecosystem in the future.
Speakers for this year will include (more speakers to be announced later):
• Tina Landau is a writer, director and teacher whose work includes directing/conceiving The Spongebob Musical.
• Alton Fitzgerald White, a singer, actor and dancer who broke Broadway records with 4,308 performances as King Mufasa in The Lion King
• Dr. Desmond Upton Patton, an Assistant Professor at the Columbia School of Social Work and a Faculty Affiliate of the Social Intervention Group (SIG) and the Data Science Institute (DSI)
• Rachelle Pereira, the Co-Founder of EQUALibrium Group, a leadership and communication consulting firm dedicated to nurturing and building Powerful Modern Leaders
• Lester Vrtiak, who manages The Sing for Hope Pianos program, the country’s largest recurring public arts project of artist-designed pianos placed throughout the parks and public spaces of NYC’s five boroughs each summer
• Jon Albert, the Founder and President of Jack & Jill Late Stage Cancer Foundation
You can read more at Broadway World.
Additional details are available at TEDxBroadway. You can purchase tickets here. Follow TEDxBroadway on Twitter: @TEDxBroadway. The conference will begin at 1:00pm on March 21, 2017, at New World Stages in New York City.