TEDxBroadway 2017 Announces Complete List of Speakers
The sixth annual TEDxBroadway returns to New World Stages in New York City on Tuesday, March 21, 2017, with a wide variety of speakers taking the stage.
“Our new focus of the day for 2017 is – ‘Let’s Talk,’” says Jim McCarthy, CEO of Goldstar. “We’ll always be dedicated to the central question we asked the first five years, ‘What is the BEST Broadway Can Be?’ but now we really want everyone present to speak up and really engage in a meaningful dialogue.”
“This new focus guided us in who we wanted to be on stage this year as well,” adds Damian Bazadona, TEDxBroadway Co-Organizer and founder of Situation Interactive. “We’re very excited to showcase this group of speakers and the topics they’ll be sharing. It should provoke very thoughtful discussion and powerful ideas.”
True to the TED tradition, each year TEDxBroadway organizers pull speakers from vast perspectives, varying expertise and some fields people may not even have heard of yet – all with “ideas worth spreading.”
Newly announced speakers include:
• Gus Rogerson is Producing Director of The 52nd Street Project.
• Kanya Balakrishna is the co-founder and President of The Future Project, a national initiative to revolutionize education.
• Lance Weiler is a storyteller, entrepreneur and thought leader. An alumni of the Sundance Screenwriting Lab, he is recognized as a pioneer because of the way he mixes storytelling and technology.
• Gardiner Comfort is an actor, writer and teacher. His original solo show The Elephant in Every Room, created with director Kel Haney, is about his life with Tourette Syndrome and his visit to the 2014 TAA National Conference in Washington, D.C.
• Caroline Bragdon, MPH is Director of Neighborhood Interventions for the Pest Control Services Program at the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene.
Read about the previously announced speakers.