TEDxBroadway 2015: How’s This for a First Batch of Speakers?
It’s been announced to previous years’ buyers for a few weeks now, but today is the official launch day. The event will be held on February 23, 2015, at the New World Stages in New York City! (The New York Times reports on TEDxBroadway here.) It’s our fourth annual version of the event, and, I have to tell you, I’m more and more excited about the event every year. The people at Goldstar and at Situation Interactive and everybody else who’s on the TEDxBroadway all-volunteer team have already been hard at work topping last year’s EGOT, accordion, cookie, jazz, dance break and smartness-filled get together.
The response so far has been really strong. Pre-sale has been huge AND through the generous support of sponsors, the Mezzanine (which we’ve renamed The Loft) is already sold out. That means seats remaining in the orchestra are fewer than before, so like I said, you should go pick yours up now…
- Benj Pasek & Justin Paul are the Tony-nominated songwriters of the Broadway musical, A Christmas Story. Their score for the show also received a Drama Desk nomination for Outstanding Music. They are also the composers behind the off-Broadway musical Dogfight, a Best New Musical nominee for the Drama League, Lucille Lortel and Outer Critics Circle awards.
- Sree Sreenivasan, Chief Digital Officer at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. In 2009, he was named one of AdAge’s 25 media people to follow on Twitter; in 2010 he was named one of Poynter’s 35 most influential people in social media; and in 2014, he was named one of the most influential Chief Digital Officers by CDO Club.
- Dr. Laurie Santos, Associate Professor of Psychology at Yale University, is a cognitive psychologist who studies the evolution of human cognition by exploring how animals think about the world. She was recently voted one of Popular Science Magazine’s Brilliant 10 Young Minds.
- Kirsten Sabia is Vice President of Marketing Services for the PGA TOUR, where she oversees marketing efforts for the TOUR’s owned and operated tournaments.
- Osh Ghanimah is an actor and the founder and CEO of Broadway For All — a NYC-based nonprofit born out of his fellowship through the Office of the President at Harvard University.
- Elliott Masie is an international expert in the fields of learning, workforce development and big data. He has also been the producer/investor in a range of Broadway productions (Macbeth with Alan Cumming, Godspell, Kinky Boots, Allegiance and An American in Paris).
- Emily Simoness is the founder and Executive Director of SPACE on Ryder Farm, a nonprofit artist residency program committed to supporting and developing artists and their work.
And that’s just the start. We’ll have more than 20 presenters and performers throughout the day as well as surprises, activities and maybe even a treat or two along the way. It’s a day to sit back, think big and dream about possibilities for Broadway and way, way beyond.
Once again, I’ll be the on-stage host, and I’ll be talking about the event a lot, so you can read about that here, or you can also follow me on Twitter at @goldstarjim.
We’d love to see you there!