Scoop: Newest TEDxBroadway 2018 Speakers Revealed
We wanted you to be among the first to know about the newest additions to the TEDxBroadway lineup. The TEDxBroadway stage is being set with a wide array of speakers — all with unique viewpoints, perspectives and stories — for the return of the one-day event exclusively dedicated to asking “What’s the Best Broadway Can Be?” You won’t want to miss this and should get your tickets now.
So, just who is taking the stage on Tuesday, February 27 at New World Stages in New York City for TEDxBroadway 2018?
- Karen Brooks Hopkins was BAM’s president (where she worked since 1979) from 1999 until her retirement in June 2015. She is the author of the widely read book, Successful Fundraising for Arts & Cultural Organizations.
- Ron Simons is a four-time Tony Award-winning producer, four-time Sundance Film Festival selected producer and actor of stage, film and television. Ron is also the Founder and CEO of SimonSays Entertainment.
- Melissa Anelli is the CEO of Mischief Management and Co-Founder of BroadwayCon. She wrote The New York Times-bestselling book, Harry, A History: The true story of a boy wizard, his fans, and life inside the Harry Potter phenomenon, which featured a foreword from J.K. Rowling.
- Jim Joseph is currently the Theatre Manager at the Samuel J. Friedman Theatre, the Broadway home of Manhattan Theatre Club. He was a part of the inaugural staff at The New Victory Theater, the city’s first theater dedicated to kids and family programming. Jim was responsible for the creation of The New Vic Usher Corps — a groundbreaking, youth development program for NYC youth.
- Ryan Chang is founder of academic services company, Ivy Consulting Group, and restoration artists, Residential Arts Group. He is a member of the Broadway League, serves on the Board of Directors for Broadway for All, and works as an executive producer on theater and film projects.
They join previously announced speakers-performers for TEDxBroadway 2018:
Michael Riedel (the theater columnist for The New York Post and host of On the Town with Michael Riedel on AM 970). Shaina Taub (New York-based songwriter and performer. Winner of a Jonathan Larson Grant and Ars Nova’s 2012 Composer-in-Residence). David Yazbek (Broadway composer-lyricist for: The Band’s Visit, The Full Monty, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels and Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown).
Registration for the TEDxBroadway conference will begin at 1:15pm on February 27, 2018. Tickets are $100.
And, follow TEDxBroadway on Twitter, too: @TEDxBroadway