Reach Gen Z With These Key Stats
In her HubSpot article, Pamela Bump helps us to better understand what makes Gen Z unique.
Bump writes: “By now, you probably know that Gen Z is the most hyper-connected generation. This means that by the time they all reach purchasing age, digital, online, and mobile-first marketing will be vital to your strategy. However, Gen Z still has some striking similarities to the generations that came before it.”
If we hope to reach this generation — and, according to Bump, we do because “they’ll soon reach full purchasing power” — we should learn as much as we can about them.
- “In 2019, Gen Z outnumbered millennials, making up 32% of the world’s 7.7 billion-person population. (Bloomberg)
- The generation has an estimated purchasing power of 44 billion annually. (LinkedIn)
- As of 2020, Gen Z makes up more than 40% of U.S. consumers. (Fast Company)
- More than 74% of Gen Z says they spend their free time online. (Institute of Business Management)
- 66% of Gen Z reports using more than one internet-connected device at a time. (Institute of Business Management)
- Gen Z spends an average of 11 hours on their mobile devices per week. (Criteo)
- Over 32% of Gen Z transactions take place on a mobile device. (Criteo)”
- Gen Z and the Rise of “Dark Social”
- How Gen Z Will Change the Way You Sell Tickets
- Think Outside the Industry: Sprite, Snapchat & Gen Z