In Case You Missed It
Each week we gather up articles that are worth a second read. And now, in case you missed them …
- The Shubert Organization, which owns 17 of the 40 Broadway theaters in New York, is acquiring the New World Stages complex reports Brian Sloan at The New York Times. Read the full story to see what this means for the New York theater community and the future of Broadway plays.
- Watch Craig Dykers explain his vision for the future of Times Square in this video from TEDxBroadway 2014. Also, don’t forget that TEDxBroadway 2015 details will be announced soon!
- More bars in New York are offering an interactive theater experience after seeing the success of shows like Sleep No More, according to The New York Times‘ Brian Sloan. Is this something you should try at your venue, too?
- Have you seen our new feature ranking Broadway shows by revenue per seat? It’s a major eye-opener.
- It’s too late to enter, but we love this clever marketing idea from the Old Vic and the Geffen Playhouse: Sean J. Miller at Backstage reports on a contest to allow one lucky person the chance to rehearse a scene with Kevin Spacey while eating “Freddy’s-style BBQ.”