Full TEDxBroadway Lineup Announced
The organizers of the fifth annual TEDxBroadway announced the final lineup of speakers and performers who will be taking the stage on Monday, February 22, 2016 at New World Stages in New York City to contribute to the cornerstone question of the day: “What is the BEST Broadway Can Be?” The newest additions to the speaker lineup include:
• Alex Dinelaris is an Academy Award and Golden Globe winner for the screenplay of Birdman or (The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance). He is also the author of Gloria and Emilio Estefan’s Broadway musical On Your Feet.
• Lindsey Croop is a performance artist with the critically acclaimed ballet company Dance Theatre of Harlem, where she has toured the world with a message of hope.
• Derrick Wang is a composer, lyricist and librettist, creating dramatic music for an interdisciplinary world.
• Miral Kotb combined her passion for dance and technology to create iLuminate.
• Mark McEwen was named one of the “Ten Most Trusted News Personalities” in a TV Guide survey.
• Essam Abadir, CEO of Aspire Ventures, is an inventor, investor and international expert in technology foundational to the Internet of Things.
• Beth Clayton is a soul-centered health coach.
• Donald Schupak, acting as attorney and managing partner, negotiated the “sports deal of the century” for the Spirits of St. Louis during the ABA-NBA merger in ’76.
• Charlie Rosen is a music director, composer, arranger-orchestrator and performer with a highly regarded record of success in a wide variety of musical environments.
• Marcus Monroe is a juggler and comedian with a production of his new one-man show opening at the end of this year in New York City.
These speakers join a previously announced lineup that includes DJ Kurs (artistic director of Deaf West Theatre), Wesley Whatley (Macy’s Parade & Entertainment Group’s creative team), Erin Lavik (professor of chemical, biochemical and environmental engineering at the University of Maryland, Baltimore County – UMBC), Kelly Leonard (president & CEO of Kelly Leonard Productions/creative adviser for The Second City), Meredith (Max) Hodges (executive director of Boston Ballet), Jennifer Ashley Tepper (director of programming for Broadway supper club 54 Below), Randy Weiner (producer, venue owner and playwright), Katie Sweeney (“Autism Warrior Mom”) and James Lecesne (writer, storyteller and actor).
Interested attendees can purchase tickets here.
Follow TEDxBroadway on Twitter: @TEDxBroadway