‘Dorm Room Chef’ Shows How to Blend Food and Entertainment
And it turns out that foodie entertainment is coming from some unlikely places, including a dorm room at Columbia University. Forbes contributor Eve Turow Paul reports on “dorm room chef” Jonah Reider, a recent graduate who’s taking the food is entertainment concept to new heights. Here’s the concept for one of his recent events:
“So I’m planning an event for an Australian rapper. I’m going to order 200 Two Brothers pizza crusts, like, just the crusts, and make a bunch of really nice sauces and toppings. Then, guests will make their own pizzas and naked models will walk around who will be painted with the sauces, and then during the performance, the rapper will be doused in the sauces too — she will be standing against white sheets, which will turn into artwork.”
Sound a little crazy? It might be, but it’s working. Reider is gaining fans from all over, for both his pop-up restaurants and his web series. You can read more about his success story here.
- Food, It’s What’s for Dinner
- Food IS Entertainment
- How Food Is Gaining Ground in Live Entertainment
- Think Outside the Industry: The Story We’re Told About the Food We Eat
- Baseball Stadiums Prove Food Is Entertainment
- Food Photos on Instagram Sell: Are You Using Them for Your Events?
- Think Outside the Industry: How Craft Beer Is Winning the Marketing Game