50 Inspiring Customer Service Quotes From Top Brands
Outstanding customer service can help your brand increase sales, writes Albert Costill on Search Engine Journal.
This echoes Jim’s point, that good service is the best marketing money you’ll ever spend, which he makes in his post, The Easy Math of Good Service.
Costill lists some stats to explain why customer service is such a big deal and also compiles 50 quotes to live by, to remind you just how valuable your customers are for your business. We’ve picked out a few of our favorite quotes below, and read Costill’s entire article here.
• “Make the customer the hero of your story.” —Ann Handley, best-selling author and Chief Content Officer of MarketingProfs
• “Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.” —Bill Gates, co-founder of Microsoft
• “Your website isn’t the center of your universe. Your Facebook page isn’t the center of your universe. Your mobile app isn’t the center of your universe. The customer is the center of your universe.” —Bruce Ernst, V.P. of Product Management at Monetate
• “Customers don’t always know what they want. The decline in coffee-drinking was due to the fact that most of the coffee people bought was stale and they weren’t enjoying it. Once they tasted ours and experienced what we call “the third place”… a gathering place between home and work where they were treated with respect.. they found we were filling a need they didn’t know they had.” —Howard Schultz, Chairman and CEO at Starbucks
• “Do what you do so well that they will want to see it again and bring their friends.” —Walt Disney, co-founder The Walt Disney Company
- “Customer Information” or License to Spam?
- It’s a Real-Time Feedback World, So You Might As Well Like It!
- A Key Factor in Selling Out: Finding Your Voice